In our efforts to raise money benefiting THON, the Penn State Crew Club is holding its annual 46 Hour Erg-A-THON. Starting at 12pm on Friday, January 24 and going non-stop until 10 am on Sunday, January 26, the members of the crew team will continuously row for 46 hours straight. Members will sign up for 30 minute interval shifts ending with the two dancers who will represent Penn State on the dance floor this year.
This year, in addition to general donations, we are also taking individual sponsorship donations. This means that you choose a rower and also a set amount of money to donate per minute they are on the erg during the 46 hours. For example, say you choose to sponsor a rower for $1 per minute. Then by looking at the schedule you see they have taken two shifts (each 30 minutes), then you would donate $60 in their name to credit them for rowing and participating in this event.
Request a sponsorship here and then continue to the "Sponsor a Rower" button below to send in your donation! Thank you!!
Here's a list of our previous fundraisers:
- Penny Wars: Men and women competed at the beginning of this year to see who could bring in the most amount of change. The winning team got to pie the others in the face. Congratulations to the women for pieing the women's team. All change raised went towards THON.
- Nittany Lion Chase T-Shirt Sale: Designed a t-shirt for The Nittany Lion Chase, the annual fall regatta we host. Shirts appealed to all teams present- Penn State Club Crew, Bucknell Club Crew, LaSalle Crew, and Susquehanna Crew. Order forms went out to all the teams so everyone could purchase a shirt if they desired. All proceeds went directly towards THON.
- Nittany Lion Chase Bake Sale: This also took place at The Nittany Lion Chase- varsity women made muffins, varsity men made brownies, novice women made cookies, and novice men made rice Krispie treats. All proceeds and donations for the baked goods went to THON.
- Cents-of-Hope Half Marathon: A few members of the team participated in the Philadelphia Half Marathon over Thanksgiving break. They received sponsors who selected an amount of donation per runner they passed. All sponsored donations went towards THON.
- THONvelopes: We held a friendsgiving potluck dinner where we all wrote out a few THONvelopes to send to family and friends requesting for their support in our efforts to raise money benefitting THON.
- Ribboning: A few members of the team got together over winter break and stood store front at a few places collecting money benefitting THON.